- Icons were missing as there was no default theme installed
- Menu and user interface fonts were too small
The missing icons were resolved by installing a default theme; however, the menu fonts were still small and the menu icons were tiny.
|Operating Sytem:||Puppy Can Bike 5.5|
|Package Source:||Ubuntu Precise Pangolin, 12.04.2|
System Fonts are Not Used by Default
LibreOffice does not use the system fonts by default. It uses a small font. There are options to scale the font in the options dialog (
Main Menu -> Tools -> Options -> LibreOffice -> View -> Scaling). However, scaling is limited to 130% and is an inadequate solution.
To get LibreOffice to use the system fonts, an appropriate optional desktop environment package needs to be installed. The optional packages are libreoffice-gtk, libreoffice-gnome, and libreoffice-kde.
LibreOffice 3.5.7 Installation Instructions
- Lanuch the Puppy Package Manager (
Menu->Setup->Puppy Package Manager)
- Install libreoffice_3.5.7 and it’s dependencies
- Install libreoffice_java_common_3.5.7
- Install a theme, i.e. libreoffice-style-tango_3.5.7
- Install libreoffice-gtk_3.5.7